14 PowerPoint 2016
Lecture Exercise: Assignment #13 (not assigned as homework)
Material to be covered:
Lectures: 1-1 through 14-2 (more heavily weighted on material not
Lecture Assignments: 1-13 (#13 was not to be turned in but the instructions are 'out there')
Bring #2 pencils and a current TxState ID to the Exam.
Note: You will be required to show a photo ID at the end of the Final Exam. Those without will be given an "I" until such is provided.
Lesson I. Inserting and Editing a Picture/ClipArt
- Add the following image to the title slide
Finished Example: QualityComputerTraining_Graphics.pptx . (Picture on slides 2-7 added in Slide Master View.)
Lesson II. Adding Custom Animation to a Picture
- Open QualityComputerTraining_Graphics.pptx .
- Insert a new slide (Title Only) at the end of the presentation. Add contact information.
- Insert arrows and text as shown below.
- To insert a 'placeholder' (textbox):
- Insert (Tab)
- Text (Group)
- Text Box (Button)
- To delete a placeholder:
Select the placeholder by clicking on its border, and press the Del key.
- Proceed in the same manner to add arrows or other shapes:
- Insert (Tab)
- Illustrations (Group)
- Shapes (Drop-Down list)
- Proceed with the Custom Animation as follows:
Lesson III. Inserting and Editing a Table
- Open QualityComputerTraining_AnimateGraphics.pptx .
- Insert a new slide at the end of the current slide show, slide 9, choosing the "Title and Content" layout.
- Pick the "Insert Table " option of the Slide Panel:
- Specify the table size:
- Enter the data. (or load an Excel worksheet and copy and paste to the table in the PowerPoint slide.)
- Demonstrate Table Styles Gallery via:
- Contextual Table Tools Ribbon
- Design (Tab)
- Table Styles (Group) ... note Live Preview
Finished Example: QualityComputerTraining_Tables.pptx . (Slide 9)
Lesson IV. Adding Custom Animation to a Table
Finished Example: QualityComputerTraining_AnimatedTable.pptx (Slide 9)
Lesson V. Inserting and Editing a Chart
- Open Inserting-Editing-Charts.pptx .
- Insert a new slide at the end of the current slide show, slide 2 , choosing "Title and Content" layout
- Pick the "Insert Chart " option of the Slide Panel:
- Use the following data reflecting International Rankings and Nat'l Health Expenditures.
Source: The Commonwealth Fund & Accompanying Excel Workbook
- Pick Column/3-D Clustered Column
- Important: Resize the range in Excel, and enter the data (7 columns 2 rows):
To resize chart data range, drag lower right corner of range to exclude unwanted data.
- Note: If you return to the slide and Excel is closed, you can edit the data, etc. by Right-Clicking on the Chart in the Slide:
Note: Recall that the menu displayed as a result varies depending on where on the chart you right-click.
- Note: If you are returning to PowerPoint at some later time, be sure to open Excel, too.
- Select the Chart and use the Contextual Chart Tools Ribbon. For example:
- Contextual Chart Tools Ribbon
- Design (Tab) & Data (Group)
- Again Note: If you are returning to PowerPoint at some later time, be sure to open Excel, too.
- Finished Example: Inserting-Editing-InsertedChart.pptx . (Slide 2)
Lesson VI. Adding Custom Animation to a Chart
- Open Inserting-Editing-InsertedChart.pptx . (Slide 2)
- Select the chart and proceed as discussed in adding custom animation to a picture (above)
- Contextual Drawing Tools Ribbon
- Animations (Tab)
- Advanced Animation (Group)
- Add Animation (Drop-Down list)
- Pick Entrance Fly In:
- Click Animation Pane (Button)
- When the Animation Task Pane appears:
- Choose Effect Options...
- Choose By Series under Group chart: on the Chart Animation Tab:
Finished Example: Inserting-Editing-AnimatedChart.pptx. (Slide 2)
This file was last modified: