- C or higher in CS 3358: Data Structures
- Review models for GUI program execution (e.g., event driven programming, polling, call back functions, interface slots, etc.)
- Provide solid foundations on the topic of interactive software usability.
- Introduce the process of user centered design.
- List the main component of typical GUI systems including widgets, menus, buttons, toolbars, and windows.
- Review available software packages (such as QT) along with available GUI builders.
- Provide practical experience in designing and implementing usable GUI systems.
- Provide experience in web based GUI systems design, evaluation and implementation.
Lecture/Lab Hours: Lecture 3/Lab 0