- Chair/Advisor aprv
- Major in the Department of Computer Science only
|Enhance problem-solving skills for the student|
|Enhance communication skills for the student|
|Allow student to accrue professional experience|
Approval to enroll requires completion of a form which the department Chair must approve.
Progress reports from the internship job supervisor also must be received while enrolled.
No letter grade is assigned for the course; student receives grade of CR for successful completion of the internship.
The deadline for submission of the internship request form is a week before the first day of class in a particular semester.
1. There must be a clear and specified relationship to the student's degree program.
2. Placement must be at a professional level of responsibility.
3. Internship credit is rarely appropriate in an organization where a student is already employed.
4. Internships involving potential conflict of interests are not appropriate. Working in a small family business would be an example of such a potential conflict.
Lecture/Lab Hours: internship, (0-1), 0 hours lecture
Offered: By arrangement. Usually offered each semester.