Course Description:The course covers the object-oriented methodologies for system analysis, design, implementation, testing, and other aspects of systems development. Emphasis will be on using OO methodologies to manage the complexity of complicated software. Other topics like modeling, OODB, and OO languages will also be covered.
- C or higher in CS 4332: Introduction to Database Systems -OR-
- C or higher in CS 5332: Data Base Theory and Design
- C or higher in CS 3358: Data Structures
- Concepts of the OO models.
- Notation and Diagrams.
- Object modeling.
- Dynamic modeling.
- Functional modeling.
- System design.
- Object design.
- Testing and implementation of OO software.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3 hours lecture, 0 hours lab
Offered: Frequently (typically once a year, Fall or Spring).