- C or higher in CS 3358: Data Structures
- Independent study project is generally only for material not covered in any of our regular courses.
- Independent study project should be tailored to an individual student.
- Independent study must have a research component. A literature survey of a particular topic is not appropriate.
1. Independent study project must be approved by the department Chair using a departmental form and approval process.
2. Students should have good academic standing and background in computer science to be accepted for independent study project.
3. The deadline for submission for independent study project proposal is a week before the first day of class in a particular semester.
4. A course proposal should document:
--Objective of the study
5. A formal presentation of 30 minutes must be given by the candidate by the end of the last week of classes. Contact the departmental administrative assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule the conference room. Submit the title and abstract to the administrative assistant so the presentation can be publicized.
6. A written report (adhere to the given template) must be submitted and made available in either the faculty share or eCommons. Reference the independent study information for details.
Submit the final electronic version to the departmental administrative assistant. The report should contain:
a. Cover page (title, name of student, name of advisor, date of submission)
e. Conclusion and future works
7. The independent study course is not repeatable for credit.
8. No letter grades are assigned for the independent study course. Students receive a grade of CR if they pass or a grade of F if they do not pass.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3 hours lecture, 0 hours lab
Offered: By arrangement.