CS 5329 and CS 5348 or equivalent with a grade of B or higher, or consent of the instructor.
The students will be able to:
- describe architectural characteristics of high-performance computing (HPC) systems
- explain how architecture affects performance and energy consumption of HPC applications
- discuss benchmarking and performance evaluation methodologies of HPC applications and systems
- apply performance analysis and modeling techniques to different classes of HPC applications
- discuss and apply HPC program optimization techniques
- analyze performance and energy efficiency issues
- design systematic performance studies of HPC applications and systems
Course effective Fall 2017. Available only for computer science majors.
It is expected that CS 5348 will be removed as a pre-requisite for Fall 2018.