For Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Program
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates with a BS in Computer Science will continue to seek knowledge, adapt to changes in technology, and thrive in an increasingly global society.
- Graduates with a BS in Computer Science will engage in successful careers in industry, academia, and public service, providing technical leadership for their business, profession, and community.
- Graduates with a BS in Computer Science will have a positive image of the Computer Science Department and Texas State University.
- Graduates with a BS in Computer Science will understand the values and requirements of responsible professionals including the necessity of ethical behavior, the impact of computing technologies on society, and the need for professional relationships.
Graduates of the program will have the ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
|BS Enrollment||BS Graduation|
|Academic Term||Students||Academic Year||Graduates|