This packet is for those who have been already been selected to work as a Graduate or Doctoral Instructional, Research, or Teaching Assistant.
Please do the following for your new employee file:
- Electronically submit your I-9. Another email from HireRight will be sent to you containing a unique link for this step. *If you have already completed an electronic I-9 for Texas State University, you will not have to do this again. If you are an international student, we will need your Passport, Visa, I94, and I20 (and social security card, if you have it).
- Per federal law, we must physcially see your identification documents. Please contact our department admin to set up a time when you can meet. Please review the list of acceptable documents. Documents must be current and valid. We must view the originals!
- Other necessary forms to be signed and digitally turned into Michelle Hageman through a provided secure link:
- W-4 (not for new international employees – unless you already have a social security number)
- Personal Data Info Sheet
- Selective Service registration verification (for US male citizens and permanent residents only)
- International Student Statement of Understanding (for international students only)
- Grad Insurance Acknowledgement
- Grad Student Employment Checklist
- Non-resident Tuition Form (if applicable)
- CS 5300/7309 Tuition and Fee waiver - (Fall semesters only - instructional and teaching assistants only)
Note: You are not eligible to work for the department prior to the completion of the items above.
Thank you, and we look forward to you joining the department.
Informational links for employment notices and insurance:
- Graduate Student Insurance Enrollment Information
- F-1 and J-1 International Student Health Insurance
- Graduate Student Insurance Comparison Summary
- Required Notices
- Direct Deposit (may be set up once your employee file is active in SAP)
- Additional information on graduate assistantships