The Department of Computer Science is now accepting applications for Graduate Instructional Assistants (GIAs) for Spring 2018 for the San Marcos and Round Rock campuses.
The minimum requirements and qualifications for the GIA position are:
- Be a Computer Science Graduate Student
- GPA greater than a 3.0
- Passed the Programming Exam or passed (B or better) CS 5301.
- Ability to tutor and teach other students in one-on-one and classroom situations.
- Above average C++ knowledge.
- Be a full-time student (minimum of 9 credit hours per Fall and Spring).
- Unconditionally accepted to the Graduate Program, or cleared all enrollment requirements (for example: communication course).
- CS Faculty Recommendation
- GIA are required to work 20 hours per week.
- Other qualities will be considered for the position.
If you are interested in the GIA position, send an email with your resume, a copy of your Catsweb Transcript, and any recommendation letters to email@example.com
Application deadline is October 27, 2017. Applications recieved after the deadline will not be considered.
Deadline: Oct. 25, 2017, midnight