Seeking Undergraduate Computer Science Majors for Spring 2019 Research Study
Study Title: Collaborative Research: Adapting Reading Comprehension Strategies for use in Elementary School Computer Science Instruction to Educate Tomorrow's Computational Innovator
Funding: National Science Foundation
Co-Investigator: Dr. Cathy Newman Thomas, email@example.com
Study purpose: The purpose of this study is to understand how children, including diverse learners, learn to code.
Location: 4th grade classrooms in Austin Independent School District
Schedule: Weekly with a maximum of 10 hours
Compensation: $12 hour
Role: Undergraduate Computer Science majors will support elementary school teachers in teaching computer science and will contribute to study activities. Austin Independent School District 4th grade teachers will engage in weekly computer science instruction with the support of computer science students. Computer science students will support data collection activities for grant purposes.
- Submit to Dr. Cathy Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent transcripts
- A copy of your Fall 2018/Spring 2019 schedule to verify weekly availability during the elementary school day
- Must have reliable transportation, exhibit professionalism in punctuality and dress, complete training for study procedures and demonstrate fidelity to procedures, like working with children, be Interested in Scratch and other coding programs for children
- Available Tuesday/Thursday mornings from 8:30 to 9:30. Additional hours/times possible.
- Potential position for Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Deadline: March 29, 2019, midnight