October is Cyber Security Awareness Month. The Information security office is holding multiple events to help teach you about stronger security practices. Go to their website and register for these events at https://infosecurity.txstate.edu/awareness-events/cybersecurity-awareness-month-2021.html
List of events:
- Oct 21 at 2 p.m. CT "Identity Theft and Cyber Crimes" with Eva Velasquez, CEO, ITRC
- Oct 12 at 2 p.m. CT "Lice Incident Response Game! Backdoors and Breaches" with Jason Blanchard and TXST ISO
- Oct 14 at 2 p.m. "Your Digital Fingerprint" with Hohn Hammond, Huntress
- Oct 19 at 2 p.m. CT "Cybersecurity Career Talk"
- Oct 26 at 2 p.m. CT "TXST Security Advances
Deadline: Oct. 31, 2021, midnight