Now accepting applications for
2022 High-Performance Computing Summer Internships
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) High Performance Computing for Manufacturing (HPC4Mfg) Internship Program is a 10-week summer internship program for students majoring in a field related to high performance computing.
Why should I apply?
As an intern, you will perform research-level computational activities and gain a competitive edge as you apply your education, talent, and skills to research and development projects focused on high performance computing (HPC).
What will I be doing?
Internship activities will vary based on the assigned research project and hosting facility. You have the opportunity to choose the project you're most interested in for the summer! As part of your application, you will identify your top 3 research projects from the 2022 HPC4Mfg Project Catalog. You can review the catalog here: ***https://orise.orau.gov/AMOsummer/hpc/default.html*** The project catalog will be updated on an ongoing basis throughout the application period. All available projects will be listed no later than 2 weeks prior to the close of the application period.
What are the benefits?
- Stipend starting at $700/week
- Travel reimbursement up to $2,000, if eligible
- Housing allowance of $150/week, if eligible
- Training/Research allowance up to $250
We are striving for onsite internships in summer 2022, however, internships may result in a virtual placement due to continued COVID-19 impacts.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 18 years old by May 1, 2022.
- Be an undergraduate student, graduate student, or recent graduate pursuing or earned a degree in a discipline related to high performance computing. For detailed eligibility requirements, review the opportunity announcement linked below.
How to Apply
Applications and supporting materials must be submitted at
Applications are due January 25, 2022, 11:59 PM EST. Recommendations are also due January 25, 2022, 11:59 PM EST.
For more information
Contact us at AMO.Internships@orise.orau.gov
Deadline: Feb. 11, 2022, midnight