The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program is now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year! Applications are accepted through our deadline of September 15, 2022.
The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program offers over 400 unique fellowships to U.S. citizens to teach, research and conduct professional projects in 135 countries across all world regions. Faculty and university administrators, as well as professionals and artists, can join the more than 400,000 Fulbrighters who have come away with enhanced skills, new connections, and greater mutual understanding.
We invite you to explore current opportunities accepting applications:
- Scholar Awards include opportunities for teaching, research and professional projects for faculty, artists and professionals with different levels of experience and in all countries and disciplines.
- Postdoctoral Awards seek early-career scholars who complete their PhD within five years of the fellowship start date.
- Distinguished Scholar Awards are Fulbright's most prestigious category of awards, seeking applicants with significant experience in their area of expertise.
- Fulbright Public Policy Fellowship (FPPF) is open for U.S. early and mid-career professionals and practitioners to serve in placements in a foreign government ministry or institution in designated countries
- International Education Administrator (IEA) Seminars allow U.S. international education professionals and senior officials to explore a specific country’s education system and make institutional connections during a two week seminar (IEA application deadlines vary by country; visit our site for details.)
Institutions across the country see Fulbright's impact first hand. With that in mind, we encourage you to share this information with current PhD students, faculty and units on your campus as appropriate.
Interested scholars are encouraged explore Fulbright through the following resources:
- Catalog of Awards, where you'll find detailed descriptions of all funding opportunities
- Webinar Schedule and Archive
- Office hours, a great way to get your questions answered live by IIE team members
- Application Guidance and Instructions, including pointed guidance for all application materials and review criteria
We look forward to helping applicants take advantage of all the Fulbright has to offer. Here’s to another year of global action, opportunity, connections — and creating a brighter future!
Deadline: June 3, 2022, midnight