Grade of C or higher in CS 3358.
- Describe the fundamental components of physical and perceptual properties of digital multi-media (DMM) systems.
- Describe the fundamental concepts of digital signals processing (DSP).
- Write computer programs that implement fundamental concepts of DSP.
- Analyze the fundamental concepts of information theory.
- Describe the fundamental concepts of data compression.
- Develop computer programs that implement basic lossless and lossy data compression algorithms.
- Describe the principles that guide international standards for representation, storage, retrieval, and transmission of DMM.
- Construct computer software that implements the main components of the standards for representation, storage, retrieval, and the transmission of DMM.
Course is effective Fall 2016. Course replaced CS 4378P.
3 hour lecture course.