CS Internship Courses – CS 4100, CS 5100, CS 7100
- Students can receive one credit hour by enrolling in a CS Internship Course: CS 4100, CS 5100, or CS 7100.
- International Students: Please review the CPT form and employment information here at this link: https://www.international.txstate.edu/Work-Authorization/cpt.html
- The internship course is for Computer Science majors and minors only.
- It is the student’s responsibility to contact the employer to find an internship.
- The Office of Career Services at Texas State can also assist in finding internships.
- When the department receives a notice from the industry for an internship job opening, the job notice is posted to the department´s online posting board within the department website.
The Approval Process
(Students must complete the approval process at least one week before the first day of class.)
The student, along with their internship supervisor, must complete the appropriate form:
The following documents must be in received by our department Administrative Assistant in order to be considered:
- Internship offer letter on their company letterhead.
- Completed and signed internship course approval form
- CPT form (top portion completed by student) – for international students only
Course Progress Forms:
During your internship, you will be required to submit a midterm report final report. Templates for your reports: