About Internship Courses – CS 4100 and CS 5100
- A student can receive one credit hour for an internship by enrolling in the internship course, CS 4100 or CS 5100.
- International Students: CPT form and employment information http://www.international.txstate.edu/current/cpt.html
- The internship course is for computer science majors and minors only.
- The Department of Computer Science encourages students to have internships.
- It is the student’s responsibility to contact the employer to find an internship.
The Approval Process
The student should complete the approval process at least a week before the 1st day of class.
- The student must print the CS 4100 approval form or the CS 5100 approval form.
- The student and supervisor need to complete sections on the form.
- The student must obtain copy of the offer letter which is printed on company letterhead.
- When forms are completed and signed, send an email to Karen Hollensbe and request an appointment to meet with the department chair. Please identify 2 options of days/times that might work for you.
- For meeting with the department chair:
- Bring offer letter
- Bring signed internship course approval form
- Bring CPT form – for international students only
- Be prepared to discuss your internship work opportunity.
- If the department chair approves your internship:
- You should provide signed approval form and offer letter to Karen Hollensbe in the Computer Science office in Comal 211.
- An override will be performed by the department to permit your registration for the appropriate section of CS 4100 or CS 5100.
- Once the override is in the system, you will be notified that you are now able to register for the appropriate section of your Internship course.
Other forms needed for course:
During the course, you will also need to submit a midterm report and a final report. Those forms are below.