Computer Labs and Computer Systems
Q. Is tutoring available for students enrolled Computer Science courses?
- Yes. Additional information is available here: https://cs.txstate.edu/resources/labs/tutoring/
Q. Where can information about my Linux account be found?
- Information for Linux accounts and how to use them is located here: https://cs.txstate.edu/resources/labs/accounts/linux/
- Computer Science Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Roger Edgar, helps grad students with internships.
- Computer Science Librarian, Dianna Morganti, holds research consultations and publishing workshops.
- Accounts to Linux, MySQL, and Oracle for students enrolled in certain computer science courses.
- GitHub,a web-based hosting service for software development projects that use the Git revision control system.
- Laptop checkout from the computer help desk on the 2nd floor of the Alkek Library. Late fees apply.
- SendNPrint documents from a student's personal computer to select SendNPrint spots on campus. Fees apply.
- Find research help, writing guides, reserve a study space, and more at Alkek Library.
- Free open computer labs across campus.
- Free computer science tutoring by appointment or walk-in basis.
- Free 3-D printing for computer science majors. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Visit Thingiverse for free designs.
- Free and fast Wi-Fi Network that covers nearly the entire campuses of San Marcos and Round Rock.
- Free Office 365 includes downloadable apps for Windows and Mac computers, as well as cloud-based versions of many apps.
- Free Mathematica, which provides a single integrated system that covers the breadth and depth of technical computing.
- Free Lynda.com, which offers video-based tutoring taught by industry experts in software, creative, and business skills.
- Free MATLAB, which integrates computation, visualization, and programming in an easy-to-use environment.
- Coding Titans (student chapter of ACM) - LeetCode and more - CT website
- Competitive Coding Teams - contact Greg LaKomski
- EXE Club - Linux, Device Development, Exploring New Topics - EXE Facebook Group
- Virtual Reality Development Group - C#, Unity, Git - VRDG Twitter