- C or higher in CS 3358: Data Structures
- This course will introduce and discuss the various technologies involved in describing, discovering, publishing and composition of web services.
- The grading will be based on two substantial projects, research paper presentations, and a final examination.
- In the first project, students will have to implement some simple web services using emerging Web service technologies such as UDDI, SOAP, and WSDL.
- In the second project, the professor will provide a set of papers that cover various Web service research issues. The second project should be an implementation of one of the ideas presented in the papers.
- The professor will provide a list of research papers that cover the course topics. Each student will have three (half hour) in class paper presentations.
- The course will use an industry-leading application server, BEA WebLogic Workshop for students to build a demonstrational Web service-based application. This software can run on either Sun Solaris or Windows NT operating systems.
Software engineering majors can take this course as part of the degree.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3 hours lecture, 0 hours lab