"THESIS A" REGISTRATION AND COURSE INFORMATION - CS 5399A
The student's request to register will be completed via email. The student should address the email to the thesis advisor and attach:
- This completed request form
- A draft of the thesis proposal
THESIS PROPOSAL FORM should be turned in by the end of Thesis A.
By the end of Thesis A, the student will need to submit the Thesis Proposal Form and proposal to the Graduate College. The form will require signatures from your thesis advisor, thesis committee members, the graduate program advisor, and the department chair.
PLEASE TYPE THE FORM. More information on acceptable signatures.
"THESIS B" REGISTRATION AND COURSE INFORMATION
The student's request to register will be completed via email. The student should address the email to the thesis advisor and attach this completed request form.
Scheduling the Presentation
- The student must coordinate with his/her faculty thesis supervisor and committee members to schedule a thesis presentation date and time once the thesis has been written. Note: The student is responsible for making sure that the presentation is scheduled to allow enough time to meet all graduation deadlines.
- To schedule a presentation and reserve a conference room, the student should consult with the thesis supervisor. The student will ensure his/her committee members are available at the time recommended by the thesis supervisor. The supervisor will reserve the date and time for the presentation on one of the department’s conference room calendars.
- Once the date, time, and conference room location have been established, the student (or thesis supervisor) should send an email to the department administrative assistant. The following information must be provided in the email:
- Student name
- Date, time, and location for presentation
- Title of the thesis
- An abstract of the thesis
- Name of the thesis advisor
THESIS COMPLETION FORMS
After the student completes the thesis presentation, the student should submit the following two forms to the Graduate College:
- Master's Comprehensive Examination Report Form
- Thesis Submission Approval Form
- These forms must be turned in to the Graduate College no later than 10 days before the date of anticipated graduation.
- Each form will require signatures from your thesis advisor, thesis committee members, the graduate program advisor, and the department chair.
- PLEASE TYPE THE FORMS. More information on acceptable signatures.