Breakthrough Central Texas is an Austin based non-profit that provides academic support and advising to students who would be the first-generation in their families to earn a college degree. Breakthrough is currently hiring recent college graduates to start this September for our Program and Advising Fellow role. We are seeking folx who have a passion for education equity and are looking to increase their skill set. All Majors Welcome! We ask that interested candidates submit their application by July 25th.
Program and Advising Fellow: – See Full Position Description & Application Here:
- A full-time, in-person role where Fellows work within their assigned middle school, high school, or college team to support their caseload of about 50-70 students.
- Fellows provide 1:1 advising, academic support, and mentorship, while also co-leading programs Breakthrough puts on for students and families.
- Fellows will join committees, work across departments and teams to ensure their students receive the full breadth of services Breakthrough offers.
- All Breakthrough Program and Advising Fellows are also AmeriCorps Members and receive all benefits associated.
This is a chance for graduates to engage in a paid service term and meaningfully give back to the community. This is also a great opportunity for anyone looking to break into the non-profit and education fields. Below are some of our compensation and benefits.
Compensation & Benefits
Here are some of the benefits of working at Breakthrough:
- Working directly with middle, high school, or college students
- Support them via mentorship & programming to achieve their goals of getting into & completing college
- Obtain health insurance
- Defer payment on student loans
- Living stipend starts at $27,520 for the year
- Earn an education award to use toward college tuition or student loan debt ($6k+)
- Explore new career options without any risk
- Receive training on new marketable skills
- Expand your professional and personal networks
Graduates are encouraged to reach out to Alicia Ford via text with any questions or to set up an interview: 512-574-3356. If you would be interested in connecting, I would welcome the opportunity!
Deadline: Sept. 1, 2023, midnight