Computer Science Graduate Program Admission Requirements:
- Meet the general Graduate College admission requirements for a degree-seeking student.
- Meet The Graduate College's grade-point-average requirement of not less than 2.75 on a 4.0 scale on the last 60 undergraduate semester hours.
- The computer science program requires an official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score to be submitted prior to admission consideration - with competitive scores in the verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning sections. Texas State University applicants are only required to complete the General Test.
- The GRE may be waived if the applicant holds a master’s degree from an accredited US institution. GRE waiver requests submitted to the department are reviewed on a case-by-case basis if the degree earned was granted from an accredited international university.
- International students must satisfy the Graduate College TOEFL requirement: minimum of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), and 78 (iBT).
- Applicants must have their files completed by the application deadlines as published in the Graduate Catalog.
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation are required.
- Provide an academic vitae (resume)
- Submit a Statement of Purpose
- International students have additional requirements and they should also refer to the related Graduate College international admission policies information.
Applicants may contact the Computer Science graduate advisor regarding any background course deficiencies. The graduate advisor will work with the individual for a list of background courses that need to be completed before the student can apply for entry to the degree program. The individual then may apply for non-degree seeking "special student" admission to enroll in computer science background courses before completing the GRE requirement.
For contact information, please visit the Contact Us page.
For additional detailed information regarding the graduate programs, and to apply for graduate admission please work with The Graduate College.